Wednesday, November 14, 2007

6 months and sittin' pretty

Violet is 6 months old as of last Thursday.

I love being this girl's mom and can't believe how fast time has flown. She can sit up on her own now, and has started eating foods like squash and carrots. (not so fond of the squash, but we're working on it). She still prefers her bottle over anything. She recently started sleeping more at night to give us a break and we're in heaven (9-10 hours!)-- believe me that's amazing for this girl. I hope I don't jinx it.

Here's a couple photos I like. The first one was taken right on her 6 month half birthday. The second is older, but always liked it so thought I'd share.

(I liked what david said about the bottom photo when we were looking at it the other night... "if that doesn't make someone want to be a dad, I don't know what would" -- david :)

**Update~ I did jinx violet's nice sleeping pattern... cause she stopped doing that for us. So, don't feel too bad kim & fergie! :(

12 comments:

Paige Holley said...

Oh, what a cutie! I cannot believe she is already 6 months! And congrats on her sleeping through the night. It makes such a difference when that happens:)

shane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

How great is that picture of violet and david! what a perfect moment to capture.

ferardandy said...

9-10 hrs! can you have her talk to arden?

Jill said...

6 months - wowee! time does go fast. and i love what dave said about the bottom photo - definitely true.

Anthony and Rene said...

Oh the pictures are wonderful. I can't believe she is already six months old. I wish I could sleep 9-10 hrs

Kim said...

Such a sweet picture of her and David, he's totally right.
I can't believe she is sleeping that long. I'm SO tired, I think we should trade babies for a couple of nights so you can train Van.

Lacey Jane said...

I'm showing that picture of David and Violet to Jeff... now. What a beautiful moment. Love 'em... Now, if only I could hold little Violet! I haven't been able to in all her 6 months. :(

mckenzie said...

seriously adorable!

Lizzy said...

Oh how I love little Violet Mae.. I just want you to move to provo so i can see her more than once a week! And that picture of David and Violet makes me really want to be married with a baby.. but it probably won't be for a few years i guess.

Liz Galvin said...

What adorable pictures. I have to agree on the picture of David-how precious. You sure have a darling little family and a good baby. So sweet.

Casey Hyer Photography said...

I love that hat that Violet is wearing. It is adorable. I need to see her again, she is getting so big!