Monday, January 7, 2008

film vs. digital


Although I do use digital {a lot}, I still love film and the dimension and tangible qualities that it has. There's nothing like the anticipation of waiting to get your prints back, as apposed to immediate gratification {or not}. That's why I am going to Hawaii for this, not only because I think it will be super helpful, informative and refreshing-- but because the idea of it makes me giddy. Yep, I'm a nerd. Also, I can't pass up the opportunity to learn from such a successful, and increasingly popular Utah based photographer who has his lighting down to perfection. And an excuse to take a trip to Hawaii isn't too shabby either.

So, who can guess which is which? One set is digital, the other film:

vs.

- if you can't tell that difference, that's okay:) they are pretty simalar and I love the digital too...

5 comments:

Brad K. said...

I'm saying the first one was shot on film.

Lacey Jane said...

You lucky duck! How fun to go to that workshop-- can't wait to see what you create!

I'm guessin' in the first set of photos, hmmm, the right is the film, and in the second set the left is the film? Man! This is hard!

All are so pretty, though.

Jill said...

is the top set film?
that is AMAZING you're going to hawaii for a workshop. how incredible. can't wait to see what you bring back. :)
p.s. i didn't know you did ashley's wedding! those pics are gorgeous.

Anthony and Rene said...

I guess the top set is film as well. The pics look great, and I am jealous that you get to go to Hawaii and take pictures.

Unknown said...

I think the first set is film. You are so inspiring! Can't wait to meet you!