Sunday, December 2, 2007

wide open spaces

Recently we took a drive way out west where the salt lies flat, wide and far as the eye can see.

It was freezing, but so so beautiful. And since I missed out on this and this, I felt the need to make a trip out myself before winter freezes everything over (wait, that might have happened already). Thanks you two for the inspirations. We are pretty lucky to live so close to a landscape so rare.

oh... we also discovered that Wendover isn't all that the billboards talk it up to be. hmm.



6 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

These are so pretty, Allison. Glad you found such inspiration like I did. It's always refreshing to see your pictures! (Did David take the top ones of you? Love 'em.)

That bottom pic is sooo beautiful. That sky!

Paige Holley said...

I love the pictures Allison. Looks like fun

Anthony and Rene said...

I love the pictures too Allison

allison said...

yes lacey, david did take the tops ones of me. he's good eh?

Kim said...

I've never been out there but all these pictures lately are making me want to explore it.

ali said...

So lovely, Al. Yours are works of art!

Wish you could have come with us. :( Maybe next time. I know you're DYING to get back to Wendy-over.