Sunday, August 26, 2007

reminiscing


I recently went through some old boxes of college work I've done. What a project-- I have so much junk. I've been trying to bring some of my work from the dead and hopefully showcase some of it on my site-- that we're using every spare minute to redesign.

I went through old folders, negatives, and loads of photography assignments I've done in the past. It brought back a weird nostalgic feeling to re-read some of them... remembering the long hours I spent trying to fulfill them. Hours and hours of lectures, discussions, and critiques only to come up with what? I always told myself in college that there are two types of photography that I didn't want to do: weddings, and family portraits. Oops, looks like I failed that one! Okay, I guess I don't mean 'failed', because it has been a creative outlet for me... but I often think what my college professor would think if she saw me now. funny.

Anyway, some snippets of a contact sheet caught my eye as well... it looks as though I've had a fondness for blue skies and farm animals for a while.



8 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Beautiful! I love your work... all of it. Glad your sharing!

Paige Holley said...

You are one talented chica thats for sure. I have always thought so. Keep those old photos coming:)

Lorilee said...

Allison, you could to any and all types of photography and you would succeed. You're a true talent.

ali said...

Al, I love this entire post.

I think about these types of things all the time. And farms and blue skies? You're a photographer after my own heart.

Keep sharing, please. You inspire me.

baughtronic said...

Man, I'm always thinking about what Sara would think of me now, with the "graphic designer" title. For some reason I feel like she still knows my every move.

I love your college work. I love all your work. Keep digging!

allison said...

how do i say this?

oh, THANK YOU for all your nice comments.

Kim said...

Wow Allison. I miss seeing all your work. I think Zack and I need to purchase some of your work for our bare walls.

James said...

Those are some incredible pictures. You have some serious talent. Oh, and your little girl is so cute.